Connecticut Office of the Arts Strategic Plan
Public City researched, designed and produced The Cultural Strategy for the State of Connecticut. The team was charged to deliver a five-year Strategic Plan to the State of Connecticut Office of the Arts that reflects the “operating environment, mission, goals, strategic directions, action plans, recommendations from the public process, and timelines and metrics for both accomplishing goals and measuring progress.” The plan was funded through the National Endowment for the Arts and supported the NEA’s objectives:
- Creation: enhances opportunities for the creation of art that meets the highest standards of excellence across a diverse spectrum of artistic disciplines and geographic locations.
- Engagement: foster public engagement with artistic excellence across a diverse spectrum of artistic disciplines and geographic locations.
- Learning: provide Americans of all ages with arts learning opportunities across a diverse spectrum of artistic disciplines and geographic locations.
- Livability: provide support for and otherwise encourage activities that incorporate the arts and design into strategies to improve the livability of communities.
- Knowledge: increase public knowledge and understanding of the various ways in which the arts contribute to positive outcomes for individuals and communities within a particular state or region.
This plan outlined a five-year state arts plan designed to meet the highest standards of excellence and access across a diverse spectrum of artistic disciplines, constituent needs, and geographic locations to improve the livability of Connecticut citizens.